martes, 29 de octubre de 2013

Post 6: How green are you?

In my city you can notice a collective conscience about the environment that is emerging,because the common people are starting to be participative in things related to the environment by incorporating green practices such as recycling to their life style and by using the bike instead of the car.  

There are a lot of places to recycle in Santiago but they are not enough yet and the people doesn’t know about them and these places are far from the center of the city so there are not enough facilities yet. The same with the bikes, there are many people wanting to change the public transport or the car by the bike but in our country there are not good and safe roads specially for bikes. 

Personally, I love all the things related to the environment, I love to grow plants in home and I love the orchards and greenhouses (glasshouse).  I don’t like living in this city because I used to live in a field and my mom had a greenhouse and close to us there were a lot of animals, and I think that’s the perfect life to me so I want to have that again or at least to live in a house in the city in a similar way, with a garden large enough to build a greenhouse and keep my pets happy.  So, I think I am very green. 


In home we recycle every day plastic bottles, glass, and newspaper, and we are planning to do compost soon but we haven’t built the container yet. Also, we have an orchard because we are worried about transgenic and the danger to the environment that they may cause. It’s very nice to grow vegetables ar home and it is not necessary to have a big space because you can have plant pots with vegetables inside the house too (I have thousands of them in all the rooms). 


A greenhouse of suculents, I love them too.
Little carrots

1 comentario:

  1. I love the life of the countryside too, far from cities.I hope one day you can live there too!

    ResponderEliminar